Nov 5, 2012

DIY: Colorful Bangles/Bracelet - MIA for a week

Hey guys! I have been MIA for a week now. I have been sick for days and was also busy preparing for "Undas". But anyways, I am now back and I have something to show you. From my last Divisoria Haul, I bought several thin wire bangles. They were so cheap which was a good thing, but they were also plain looking. I have decided that I should paint them instead for that pop of color so that I can mix and match them as my arm candy!And as promised, I will show you how I made them.

Here's what I did.

DIY: Paint your Old and Plain Bracelet/Bangles Project

First:



For Painting -  Different colors (Neon ones would be nice!)
You can also use your old thick and sticky nail polishes for this project.

For wrapping your bangles - Be careful with the scissors!

 The main ingredient - thin , thick, not so thin and not so thick would do.

 For erasing our mistakes.

For covering the surface - we do not want to paint everything, just the bangles.

Second:

Cover a part of the bangle with tape so we have something to hold on to while painting.

Third:

 Grab those bangles and start painting!

 If there are some mistakes or you are not satisfied with the color, you can use the Nail Polish Remover and Cotton Ball for touch ups.

Apply 3-4 coats of paint. Let them dry a bit before laying them on the scratch paper. Repeat with the other bangles.Remove the tape and paint the remaining part.

Fourth:

 The Finish Product!!! Tadaahh!!!

Here's my arm candy! I added my multi-color Spiked Bangle which I also bought from Divisoria and a plain white pearl bracelet.

It took me 3 days to work on them since I still have to go to work. I coated them with paint when I woke up, let them dry the whole day and when I came home at night, I apply another coat and let them dry for the entire night.

You should try doing this. It's easy, affordable and fun!

Love yah, Love yah!

Lea/L.A.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! I want DIY Stuff too! It's Gen here. Snoe event remember? :) I'm trying to look for your GFC so I can follow you but I can't find it.

    Nice blog, btw :) Love your DIYs!

    ~gen
    www.genzelkisses.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...